Application security is a specialised function requiring a diverse skill set, from application development skills to security testing skills.
This capability is typically difficult for an organisation to recruit and retain over the long term, and is often only required sporadically (either during application development projects or for annual testing purposes). Shelde’s Application Security Services offer the ability to engage highly skilled and experienced staff, with access to specialised tools, on an ad hoc or periodic basis.
Shelde’s Application Security team are leaders in their field, providing highly specialised application testing and assessment services, combined with deep experience in the development of security logging solutions for critical business applications.
With extensive experience across a broad range of industries, including Banking and Finance, Superannuation, Wealth Management, Retail, Government and Mining, Shelde’s team enables you to:
- Access expert resources when you need them
- Focus on your core competencies, and co-source with Shelde for specialised services
- Benefit from our experience in integrating enterprise applications with operational security requirements
- Utilise a range of automated tools and manual services to assess the security of your applications
- Improve the knowledge and skills of your development and security staff.
Shelde’s Application Security Services focus on the following areas:
- Application Security Consulting – Shelde works closely with security and development teams to extend policies, create processes and develop capabilities to build security into an organisation’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Our highly skilled and experienced staff can work with your development or security teams to provide subject matter expertise when it is required.
- Code Review and Analysis – Shelde works with a number of leading technology partners in the source code analysis space. Our consultants have extensive experience with a numerous technologies including Fortify, IBM AppScan and Veracode. Our work with these solutions allows us to identify and resolve security issues during development. This enables organisations to save time and money, as well as reduce application vulnerabilities and associated risks.
- Security Assessments – review and testing of applications using automated tools and manual techniques to provide an overall assessment of the security posture of each application. Our Application Security team consists of specialists who are highly experienced in both software development and security testing. This unique perspective allows Shelde to not only identify vulnerabilities, but also provide pragmatic mitigation advice and solutions.
- Training – Shelde has developed extensive application security courses aimed at a variety of audiences, including business analysts, architects, developers and testers. The popular Shelde developer training course aims at teaching developers how to build secure software and avoid common mistakes – a major cause of insecure applications.
- Security Event Logging – development of security logging strategies and logging libraries for your custom developed applications. Shelde’s Business Event Intelligence (BEI) is the only solution which allows for real time monitoring of custom business critical application